Mouse Pad and Gaming Mouse Pairing
Certain mouse pad surfaces (and alternatives) are suited for seamless gaming, here are a few items with the best surface area appropriate for gaming:
What is the best mouse pad for a gaming mouse?
- Corsair Gaming MM800 POLARIS RGB LED Lighting Hard Mouse Pad levels up precision and movement during play as it is equipped with a micro-textured top. This surface area minimizes friction to accurately track pixels. Complementing this feature is the LED lighting system that produces accurate colors while on play make playtime more exciting.
- For cloth-surfaced mouse pad, the SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad shows great performance for gaming. It has a wide coverage for mouse movement, which is secured with a rubber bottom to keep the mouse pad in place. You don’t have to concern yourself with unleveled surfaces since the mouse has a thick padding to minimize unevenness. Thus, playing becomes smooth and unhindered.
- A mouse that caters to different game types, the Razer Vespula Dual-Sided Gaming Mouse Mat has two surface forms. It has a smooth surface for games requiring speed and a rough surface to games needing control skills. Thus, this mouse pad gives better control regardless of what game type you are playing. Its wrist rest also conforms to your wrist minimizing hand tension.
What are the best alternatives for a mouse pad?
- A non-glossy book can work wonders with a gaming mouse as it allows better tracking with the device. A book also has a thick pad that evens out any surfaces. However, a glossy book may also work for some other mouse, especially the modern ones because of its innovated tracking mechanism.
- For better control over the mouse, a cardboard can also work as an alternative for a mouse pad. It allows good gliding when using the mouse while on play. The surface of the cardboard is performing well as to precision. But, you cannot expect perfect accuracy since it is not aimed at gaming activity.
- A piece of paper is another alternative to an actual mouse pad. Its surface is suited for a mouse to be responsive when used. However, a paper may be too thin for some mice to be sensitive to the movement.
What are the best mouse pads when using an optical mouse?
- CENNBIE Meteor Picture Anti-Slip Laptop PC Mouse Pad Mat Mousepad For Optical Laser Mouse is designed for both laser and optical gaming mice. It is equipped with a cloth surface that provides smooth gliding over the pad and helps with the accuracy of the mouse. Securing the mouse in place is a non-slip rubber that is soft also give soft hand support. An issue with this mouse pad is that it is small in size, which may be an issue for some gamers.
- SteelSeries S&S Gaming Mouse Pad has been designated as the brand for gamers as it leads in the plastic mouse pad category. Instead of a cloth surface, the pad is made of an extraordinary plastic material, which is responsive to different kinds of mice from optical, laser and even ball mice. This surface is precise without needing large movements.
- If you’re playing with a wireless optical mouse, the 3M Precise Mouse Pad with Repositionable Adhesive Backing, Battery Saving Design is suited for that type of gaming mouse with its extended battery engineering. The mouse pad surface absorbs less battery and assists accurate mouse use even in fast speed games.
If you’re on the search for the best gaming mouse but with a limited budget, we listed some of the good performing mice in the market at with a price that suits your budget:
What are the best Gaming Mouse under $100?
- Priced at $64.99, Sound BlasterX Siege M04 Gaming Mouse affords exceptional precision with a DPI of 12,000 that is enough for most games. The mouse has seven buttons that are fully customizable according to your games with a sniper button. Its ergonomic design is geared for longtime playing lessening hand fatigue while on a game.
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse, FPS Mouse is aimed for first person shooting games. With easy to customize buttons, lights, and surface tuning. Thus, creating a control tool specific to your gaming. With this product, your hand movements are adapted b the mouse’s precise and responsive sensor. It is also designed for easy gripping with shifting weights for optimum fit to our hands.
- Razer Naga Hex V2 MOBA Gaming Mouse is intended for you who are into multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) or real-time strategy (RTS) gaming decked with a 7-button mechanical thumb grid that likewise programmable. It has a 16,000 DPI, which is very much responsive for games involving increased movements. This gaming mouse also features “Razer Synapse” that controls storing, cloud management and Razer exclusive effects.
What are the best gaming mouse under $50?
- With a price of $36.78, the Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI High-Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse is befitting for gamers using multiple profiles. It boasts of internal memory profiles distinguished with varying lights. This mouse out did more expensive counterparts with 16,400 DPI power and 18 buttons that are fully programmable. Mouse maintenance is also made easy with its coating and texture. Thus, improving the lifespan of the product.
- Another product from the SteelSeries brand is the SteelSeries Sensei Laser GamingMouse RAW priced at $42.87. This mouse also allows you to program the mouse buttons and store an unlimited number of profiles. The impressive feature of the product is the extendable macros recording that can even combine both mouse and keyboard sequences. It has pulsating lights adjustable to your desired brightness to enhance the overall gaming experience.
- Another MOBA gaming mouse from one of the leading computer hardware brands, Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse comes at a fairly economical price of $27.50. It is has a lighter weight that adds comfort while playing with the mouse. Like other Logitech mouse, this has multiple buttons to customize macros and commands for better playing. With its DPI reaching 4000, you can easily shift DPI setting up to 4 options.
What are the best gaming mouse and pad pairing under $50?
- Razer Abyssus 1800 Gaming Mouse and Goliathus (Speed) Mat Bundle is a good deal of $28.25. You get an 1800 DPI mouse with customizable buttons. The mouse is perfect for gaming because of the consistency it provides all through the use of the product. This mouse is complemented with the Goliathus Mat still from Razer, which has a weaved pad surface. This type of surface material works for both low or high sensitive mouse and guarantees soft gliding across it.
- Another duo is ENHANCE PC Gaming Beginner Bundle with Wireless LED Gaming Mouse & Large Mouse Pad made for beginners. The bundle has a wireless mouse that can last a week. This mouse has adjustable DPI options that reach up to 3500 DPI, which tailors mouse sensitivity to your games and gaming style. The mat that comes with the bundle has a surface made with low-friction fabric for smooth movements. It is also large enough to accommodate complex mouse movements, while the rubber bottom secures the mat in place.
- The Razer Tron Gaming Mouse and Mouse Mat Bundle is a pairing of a 5600 DPI mouse glowing hard mat. This includes a mouse with 7 buttons that are ultra responsive. Thus, capturing and translating fast movements into the game. For comfortable gripping, it caters to ambidextrous players. The other half of the pairing is a hard mouse pad with glowing trails both for sensitivity mechanism and sleek experience.
For FPS Games and RTS Games
First Person Shooter or FPS and Real Time Strategy games are two of the most common types of games played. Hence, we came up with a short list of the best mouse you can use these two kinds of games.
What is the best gaming mouse used in FPS games?
- As this type of games requires fast movement and repetitive clicking Mionix Castor Multi-Color Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse, MNX-01- 25001-G is built with a 32-bit processor with 128 kB internal memory to create a powerful gaming tool. This mouse also has good tracking performance with less acceleration with the help of its 10,000 DPI feature. Thus, facilitating fast movements across the screen. It can store macros and commands by assigning them to the 6 programmable buttons.
- Although the BenQ ZOWIE FK2 E-Sports Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse has a relatively simpler operation, it gives convenience to both left and right-handed players. Aside from hand comfort, it is tailored for FPS gaming with its four adjustable DPI from 400 to 3200 DPI. You also don’t have to worry about your computer’s operating system because this mouse is compatible with major operating systems.
- As a precision mouse, UtechSmart Uranus 16400 DPI Metal Base MMO/FPS HighPrecision Laser Gaming Mouse has up to 16,400 DPI that is considered to be exceptional for gaming mouse. We’ve known of 7 and 6 buttons for a gaming mouse, but this has 13 customizable buttons for your gaming commands. It also has 5 memory profiles you can store. Alongside the memory profiles, you can set 5 light modes to optimize gaming.
What is the best gaming mouse used in RTS games?
- The Razer brand has been producing gaming mouse catering to different needs. TheRazer DeathAdder Elite – Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse is one of the devices that is a fit for RTS games. It has a sensor of 16,000 DPI coupled with 450 IPSmovement. Thus, it can perform better with better accuracy under fast hand movements. But, since RTS is not all always-speed focused, this mouse can still perform at slow speed or movements that are very smooth. Like other mouse, this product likewise has colorful lighting. But, the mouse has million of color selections to choose from.
- Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display is a mouse doubling as a mini keyboard. This type of gaming mouse may be common among gamers, but levels up the competition with a built-in LCD and 25 programmable keys. The LCD screen is helpful for players to see gaming information like status, communication and the likes. Similar to other gaming mice, this also offers a 5 multiplayer profile memory to store your games with you. Since the product has built-in keys, it is designed to minimize hand fatigue. Thus, allowing you to play or longer hours.
- Razer Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad has beaten other competitors with its 20 profiles you can store with the mouse. This mouse also has a built-in set of keys, which all 16 of these can be customized for specific game commands as well as the macros. One thing we also commend about this mouse is the unlimited lengths of macros you can record. For hand comfort, the wheel can be managed in 8 different directions. This is matched with a wrist pad that you can adjust depending on your convenience.
For Game Consoles
Some mouse are not automatically connected to a computer, but the have to pass through an adaptor for you to play with game consoles
What is the best gaming mouse used for XIM4?
- Another device from BenQ is BenQ ZOWIE EC1-A E-Sports Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse. This mouse seems like an average gaming mouse having adjustable sensors from 400 DPI to 3,200 DPI. It is compatible with most operating systems including that of the XBox of the XIM4 adaptor. But, this product is favorable to right-handed players since control buttons are designed for right-hand use.
- The Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse gives a heavier weight feel. It has an added weight of about 27 grams to add comfort while using the mouse. Each of its controls from DPIs to buttons are programmable based on what you need for each of your games. This taking into consideration that the XBox can be loaded with diverse types of games. The product also has profile memories to save your game settings.
- The Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse with Advanced Gaming Sensor for Competitive Play caters to various game types as evident on its wide DPI range. It can be adjusted from 200 DPI to 12,000. Thus, allowing you to play games of slow and fast speeds. The customizable buttons, however, are among lesser than some mice at 6 programmable buttons. But, it is can still provide good performance in tracking and precision. This also has millions of light selection for improved play.
Related Review & Buyer’s Guides